Sapphire Advisors (“SA,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. To help inform you, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of information you submit or we collect through our websites DrKarenKendrick.com, SapphireInstitute.com, and our other related mobile websites, services, and tools (collectively, the “Site”). The Site is owned and operated by Sapphire Advisors, LLC.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1) Registration and Account Information:
You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information (e.g., name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, and/or physical contact information) about yourself. If you register for an account with us (including through third-party login credentials as described in 2 (c) below), you choose to give us your personal information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account, create a profile, purchase products or services, or otherwise engage with our Site, you may provide personal information. You may also upload photographs for your account/profile. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user.
2) Information to Respond to Your Requests:
You may give us your personal information so we can send you newsletters and other communications you request. Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed Your Choices.
3) Social Media Information:
We may offer sign-in services that allow you to use third-party login credentials to access the Site. We also may offer services that allow you to share information with third-party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
When you link your account or engage with our Site through third-party social media sites, you understand that you may be allowing us to have ongoing access to certain information stored on those social media sites (e.g., your public profile, friend list, people you follow or who follow you, your email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, religious and political views, website, personal description, and likes, and your friends’ birthdays, education histories, personal descriptions, and likes).
We may receive certain information about you which is stored on social media sites if other users of those sites give us access to their profiles and you are one of their friends or connections depending upon your settings on those third-party social networking sites. We may also receive other information (e.g., content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with our Site. You agree that we may share your video viewing with or obtain information about your video viewing from analytics providers, advertising partners and third-party social media sites for two years or until you withdraw consent.
The information we have access to from the third-party social media websites varies by website and is controlled by your privacy settings on that website and by your consent. The information that may be passed to analytics providers and advertising partners is via cookies and tracking technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy page for information including your choices in relation to these technologies.
4) Information About Others/Inviting Friends:
From time to time you may choose to submit personal information about other people to invite them to join the SA community. Inviting friends is always optional. You should check that your friends consent to your sharing of their personal information before submitting it to us.
5) Information From Other Sources:
The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records (e.g., demographic information, navigation information, and/or additional contact information) that we have acquired in accordance with the law.
6) Content You Post and Associate With Your Profile on the Site:
The community and posting sections of the Site give you an opportunity to provide us with information regarding your opinions and reviews of products. Also, your profile may contain a photograph or other information that identifies you. In addition, the content you post and recommendations you make may provide information about your beliefs to us.
7) Mobile Information:
We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, location or GPS/geo-location).
8) Technical Usage Information:
When you visit our Site, we collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you are using the Site (“usage information”). We use tracking technologies (including cookies (including cookies stored in HTML-5), web beacons/GIFs, embedded scripts,e-tags/cache browsers) to collect usage information.
We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is required for our legitimate business interests, in order to better understand your interests and improve your experience of using the Site. To learn more about how we use tracking technologies and cookies, see our Cookies and Tracking Technologies section below and our full Cookies Policy.
9) Geolocation Information:
When you visit the Site, we may collect geo-location information to provide certain location-based services that you request (e.g., maps) or any of the reasons set forth in the Uses and Retention section below. We disclose the geolocation data in the manner set forth in the Disclosure section below.
USES AND RETENTION
1) Operate Our Site:
We use the information collected to (a) respond to your requests; (b) provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site); (c) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising that we believe may be of most interest to you; (d) improve the Site; (e) give you information about your account; and (f) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
2) Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information:
We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
3) Prevent Fraud:
4) Communicate With You:
We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, your Application Account, to comply with your stated communication preferences, to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, to send you marketing communications, or contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
5) Mobile Data:
We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. You consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law — up to one year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
Information collected on the Site may be shared with:
1) The SA Corporate Family:
We may share the information we collect about you with SA LLC affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as with third-party suppliers. The information may be disclosed to: (a) provide joint content and our services (e.g., registration, transactions, analytics and customer support); (b) help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (c) guide decisions about our or a third-party’s products, sites, applications, services, tools and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications.
2) Service Providers and Other Third-Parties:
We may disclose your information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, advertising, site analytics and operations).
3) Other Entities with Your Consent:
Other third-parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third-parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
4) Legal and Law Enforcement:
Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other SA user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
5) Change of Control – New Owners:
6) Ad Networks:
7) Companies in The Mobile App Industry:
If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also share your information with carriers, operating systems and platforms.
8) Information You Share on the Site
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from us on the Site by following instructions within the notices. You may not opt-out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (e.g., cookies, HTML-5 stored technologies):
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- With your prior consent as obtained through your use of this Site.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that SA sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third-party service providers that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third-parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
- We may target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third-party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law or until consent is withdrawn.
ACCESSING, REVIEWING, AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Notice to California Residents
1) Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which our Site has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at email@example.com. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
2) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how SA responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. SA does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party sites.
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate and that your password(s) and account registration information are secure and not shared with third-parties.
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
NOTIFICATION REGARDING UPDATES
If your questions are not answered online, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated June 2022